Friday, August 2, 2013

2 August 2013, Anaheim Resort RV Park, Anaheim, California


"Whaaaaat???" Maxwell's hanging with Tobuscus aka Toby Turner. Toby's a huge YouTuber and Maxwell got the chance to take a few shots with him and be in his video today.

    Ian and Anthony of Smosh

    Daneboe - The Annoying Orange

Yes, we are at VidCon 2013. My second VidCon. My boys got to meet a lot of their favorites: Smosh, Daneboe (Annoying Orange), Mystery Guitar Man, Swoozie, Sam Pepper, Chester C.

    Mystery Guitar Man

VidCon is like most any industry-specific convention.  Booths selling wares and promoting new products, overpriced food, lots of walking and tired feet. VidCon is different in that it involves a lot of standing in line to meet your favorite YouTubers. If you have a mom along, she stands in one line for you while you stand in another. I met a mom from San Francisco whose cousin's married to our friend Wil Miller! She and I crossed paths several times during the day and I for one was happy to enjoy adult conversation.

2 comments:

  1. VidCon! Who woulda thunk it? Warhol couldn't see very far into the future in 1968 when he coined the phrase 'fifteen minutes of fame'. I think at this point, we're at around 15 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was at VidCon. It is very boring in Charlotte. PS the house in Elizabeth next door to us is for rent.

    ReplyDelete