Thursday, August 8, 2013

10 August 2013, Charlotte, North Carolina

I did my 4:30 am trick again, except it was 5:30 East Coast time. We are going to power drive home. Paul and I both are pretty tired to begin with so we swap drivers fairly often.  When we get to St. Louis, I can't help but pull over for a look at The Gateway Arch.

Both a Cardinals vs Cubs game and a soccer match are going on within a 5-block radius of The Arch. Parking everywhere for an RV was $25. Hmmm, I had read somewhere there was free RV parking, so I persevered until we found a Park Ranger and she pointed the way.  

So this parking is alongside the Missisippi River, under the highway. Looks like a good place to get mugged. Paul and Maxwell go outside while I change and Maxwell comes back in and said he thought there was a gang outside. I said what makes you say that? He said they looked kind of rough and were yelling. I heard yelling and look out the window. I see a pack of men waving a large flag (I later learn it was a Yemenese flag) and screaming. At Paul. Who is taking their picture!!

The Arch is really is a beautiful work of art. I never realized it was called the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial honoring Thomas Jefferson.  





(Happy, huh?)



The boys are smiling because we promised them this was the laaaaast picture we would take.

946 miles, 17 hours, 25 minutes, we are

Home Sweet Home!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment